Wednesday 27 November 2013

Our first news article

Well the cat is truly out of the bag, in fact he has run off with next doors supper and headed for the hills. The article below is our first press coverage in the Berkhamsted & Tring Gazette and Hemel Today on-line. I now it’s not the Guardian or Financial Times but it’s a start. We have tried to keep the microbrewery under wraps, until we have set-up, but the journalist tracked me down after he saw our planning application notice.
 
We were concerned that it was too early to speak to the press and I was a bit nervous – would the journalist twist my words and set us up against the other local microbreweries like Tring, Red Squirrel or Chiltern breweries. But I have to say that David O’Neil wrote quite a nice upbeat and positive article. His main focus was on the fact that our microbrewery will be launched 100 years after the closure of the Foster's Swan Brewery, the last brewery in Berkhamsted.


No comments:

Post a Comment